Saturday, June 4, 2011

A little Inspiration

Hello Again,

This post is about one of the many things ive come across in my time as a college student. While I was taking a leadership workshop they gave us a story called "The Starfish". I'm not sure why I found it so uplifting but I wanted you all see what it is. Sadly I do not know the original author and i personally have no affiliation with the story(for all you government officials) =P.

The Starfish

A young boy and his father were walking along a beach after a bad storm, and hundreds of starfish, as well as seaweed and seashells, were lying along the coast.

The boy, running ahead of his father, started picking up the starfish and began throwing them with all his might back into the water.

The father, realizing the futility of his young son's attempt, said to the boy, "Son, there are entirely too many starfish for you to throw back into the water. you can save a few of them, but there is no hope for the rest...  Why are you doing this?"

The young boy replied, "I know there are a lot of them, dad, and I'll never be able to save them all. But at least I am saving the ones that i can...  And to them, I matter."

I hope you enjoyed the story.

Cordially Yours,

Sir Franklin the Chivalrous

No comments:

Post a Comment